|1989 Student Movement in Beijing Page No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- No. 45 Hunger Strikers in a bus, Tiananmen Square, 1989.5.19 住在公共汽車裡面的一般是絕食學生，其他人只能睡在外面。 Usually staying inside the buses are students who are conducting hunger strikes, while others have to sleep outside.
- No. 46 Beijing youths chanting on the road to Tiananmen, 1989.5.19 群眾熱烈支持學生的爭民主自由要求。五月的北京，意氣風發的年青人乘車趕赴天安門參加示威遊行。 Beijing youths are chanting as they drive to Tiananmen Square Friday to lend their enthusiastic support to hunger striking students.
- No. 47 Statue of Liberty, City Hall, Shanghai, 1989.5.19 上海的絕食學生在市政府門前豎起一座自由女神像。 An effigy of the Statue of Liberty stands with the hunger strikers in front of the Shanghai city government offices.
- No. 48 Li Peng Declares Martial Law, 1989.5.19, 10pm 五月十九日晚十時，李鵬宣佈次日戒嚴，楊尚昆講話通報了調兵情況。趙紫陽則稱病請假三天，沒有出席大會。 May 19th, 10 pm, Li Peng declares martial law in Beijing from the next day on. Yang Shangkun announces the mobilization of the troops. All together, 13 Army Groups, about 200,000 troops are used to attack Beijing from all directions. Zhao Ziyang refused to appear in this meeting and disappeared from public view since then.
- No. 49 Students take an oath to defend the Square, 1989.5.20. 聽到宣佈戒嚴令，學生們宣誓誓死保衛天安門廣場。 Students pledge to defend the Republic-on-the-Square with their blood upon being informed of the government’s decision to implement martial law.
- No. 50 "Death Squads ", Tiananmen Square, 1989.5.20 北京國際關係學院的一個學生在在身上寫道「敢死隊－－佛曰：我不入地獄，誰入地獄﹖﹗」 A student from Beijing College of International Relations painted his clothes with pledges: “Death Squads – Buddha says: if I don’t go to hell, who would?”
- No. 51 Troops Blocked at Suburbs of Beijing, 1989.5.20-22 北京市民和學生阻攔軍隊入城示意圖(五月二十日至廿二日) May 20th to May 22nd. Map to show Beijing citizens and students blocking the entry of the army into the city.
- No. 52 Child & PLA Soldiers, Beijing Suburb, 1989.5.20 戒嚴開始執行，一名婦女向戒嚴軍人介紹她參加示威的兒子。 A mother introduces her son to a martial law soldier on an army truck.
- No. 53 200 army vehicles blocked on the road to Beijing, Fengtai, 1989.5.21 支持民主運動的群眾在豐台地區阻住了約二百輛軍車的推進。 A convoy of some 200 vehicles from the army sit idly after demonstrators blocked the road to Beijing. Feng Tai is 15 miles southwest of Beijing.
- No. 54 PLA Army stopped by buses, Suburb of Beijing, 1989.5.21 北京郊區的一輛公共汽車橫在路上，不讓戒嚴部隊的軍車通過。 A bus is blocking a suburban highway leading to Beijing, preventing military convoys from passing.
- No. 55 Suburb of Beijing, 1989.5.21 向北京開進的戒嚴部隊的軍車被老百姓堵在了郊區。 A military convoy, marching towards Beijing and carrying troops for implementing the martial law, is stopped in the suburb by local residents.
- No. 56 Students & PLA Soldiers, Fengtai near Beijing, 1989.5.21 軍隊向市區推進時受阻於豐台，學生群眾向被圍的軍人送食物。 Student demonstrators offer food to PLA troops in Fengtai near Beijing. Their convoy was stopped by roadblocks as they were moving to the capital.
- No. 57 A restaurant boss and a monk donated $53,000 in food, Tiananmen, 1989.5.21 「獨一居」餐館的李南（譯音）和中國佛教協會的和尚圓持（譯音）向學生捐贈了超過五萬三千元的食物。 Li Nan, left of Duyi ju restaurant, and Yuan Chi, a monk with the China Buddhist Association, receive cheers from students. They have donated over $53,000 worth of food to the protesters in the square.
- No. 58 Helicopters over Angry Demonstrators, Beijing, 1989.5.21 廣場上的學生向當局的直升飛機揮舞拳頭和旗幟。 Students wave fists and flags as five military helicopters buzz Tiananmen Square at dawn Sunday.
- No. 59 Moscow State University, 1989.5.22 五月廿二日，在莫斯科有約一百多名中國留學生在中國大使館附近遊行，支持北京民主運動。 About 150 of 300 Chinese students at Moscow State University demonstrate near the Chinese Embassy to support student protesters in Beijing. The sign in the middle reads "Against Bureaucracy and Corruption". The sign at right reads “For Reform”.
- No. 60 Dance on the Square, 1989.5.22 广场上的轻松时刻。 Students holding Tiananmen Square pass the time with a lively dance Monday morning.
- No. 61 Chinese Students in Florida supporting Beijing Students, Miami, 1989.5.23 五月廿三日，佛羅里達州的中國留學生集會遊行，聲援北京民主運動。 Chinese students from the University of Miami, Florida, Atlantic University, and Florida International University take part in a peaceful march in Miami. The students were marching to show support for the Chinese Student Patriotic Movement in Beijing.
- No. 62 U-turn, Suburb of Beijing, 1989.5.23 軍隊逼近天安門廣場，遭到群眾阻攔。學生向軍人宣傳爭取民主運動的道理；軍車上的士兵向學生揮手致意。 The troops on the way to the square are turned back by the crowds. Soldiers wave from the back of the truck as they turn back from the city.
- No. 63 "God Speaks: Remove Li Peng ", Tiananmen Square, 1989.5.23 「上帝降旨：廢李鵬」。戒嚴後民眾普遍要求全國人大開會解除戒嚴罷免李鵬。 “God speaks: Remove Li Peng from Post”. After the implementation of the martial law, people overwhelmingly wanted the National People’s Congress to convene an emergency session, dismissing the martial law and removing Premier Li Peng.
- No. 64 Portrait of Mao splattered with paint, 1989.5.23 天安門廣場上的毛澤東像遭三人潑顏料染污。工人趕快將被污的毛澤東像覆蓋起來。從湖南來的三人卻被學生糾察隊送交公安局。這是 學運所犯的一大錯誤。 The famous portrait of Chairman Mao looking over the Tiananmen Square was splattered with paint by three men. Workers immediately covered the huge portrait.
- No. 65 Tempest on Tiananmen Square, 1989.5.23 風暴下的廣場，學生們依然保持昂揚的鬥志和黑色的幽默。 The Square is under a thunderstorm, while students keep their spirits high and maintain a sense of black humor.
- No. 66 Students' Broadcast Station on Tiananmen Square, 1989.5.24 設在紀念碑腳下的「學運之聲」廣播站。 Voice of the Student, the broadcast station at the base of “the Monument of the Martyrs”.
|Page No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5